Pages

Saturday 19 March 2011

Pregnancy: Week 20

This is me. 20 weeks pregnant. Approximately 20 more to go. What a long hard but very blessing 20 weeks it had been. I didn't know there was another side to pregnancy: Morning Sickness, or should I say All Day Sickness. Twice I have been pregnant, but never have I felt like this. Wow-we. I still have my moments, but it has improved alot. In the end every single grueling moment of peeing, uncomfortableness, back aches, nausea, and weigh gain is well worth it. Because I know there is a little baby growing inside me, waiting patiently to come out and meet us. There is no greater moment when you can finally meet him or her, and know that this is apart of you. Giving birth is such a powerful thing. Having babies is the best experience in the world. Life changing. The hard intense labour, getting up every 3 hours for feedings, poopy diapers and endless spit up is part of the process, rewarded with smiles and laughter, the first words of momma and dadda. The I love yous, and the endless pictures that they color to be displayed on the fridge. The list goes on and on and on.
There are a couple of things that have helped me and would NOT give up. First is my treadmill. It has helped me feel some what active and kept me sane through these winter months of isolation in my house.
It has also gave me incentive when Hayden my oldest patted my butt and said "mushy butt mommy." Then moved onto my arms confirming that they felt like Jell-O. No I didn't take it to heart, he is only 4.  The next is my body pillow. What I want to know is how did I survive the nights without this during my last two pregnancies? It helps me sleep minus the getting up to pee every couple of hours. The last thing I cannot love without are apples. I cannot eat enough apples. I crave apples. Apples, apples, apples. And yes thank you to my husband for helping me when I have not felt so hot. I love you.

The icing on the cake is when Hayden comes to me to talk to my belly. "Hayden loves baby." He is full of questions and talked endlessly about his new brother or sister. I am truly blessed. 

1 comment: